David Bovino, head of the firm’s Aspen office, regularly handles a wide range of high-stakes litigation matters, including breach of contract, business litigation, partnership duties, fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, unfair competitive business practices, defamation, and trust accounting matters. A seasoned litigator, David has experience in all aspects of litigation including discovery, motion practice, trials and appeals, and has successfully obtained favorable judgments for his clients in federal and state courts.
In addition to litigation, David handles complex corporate matters and real estate transactions. David has significant experience representing high-net-worth individuals in estate planning, wills, trusts, estate administration, probate and income tax matters, as well as in domestic relations cases.
David is a founding member of the YPO-WPO Aspen Chapter, a global network comprised of influential business leaders and entrepreneurs, where he serves on the Board of Directors.
Prior to joining Kasowitz:
- Over 1,100 national corporate dealerships in a $110 million class action lawsuit against ADT Security Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of manufacturing conglomerate Tyco International, arising from deceptive contractual and accounting misdealing in its Authorized Dealer Program.
- Stockholders in a securities fraud lawsuit regarding the $770 million sale of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino franchise.
- A leading national bank in providing legal services to the custom mortgage group, including drafting loan and security documents, and obtaining a lender’s title policy.
- Homeowners Association in an action arising from construction defect claims against its general contractors and subcontractors. David successfully obtained a favorable settlement award on behalf of Homeowners Association.
- A surgeon in a multi-million dollar commercial litigation proceeding in Los Angeles Superior Court. David successfully obtained a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- A woman who suffered a stroke while undergoing a medical procedure in a malpractice lawsuit against Palo Alto Medical Foundation and Stanford University Medical Center. David won a $22 million verdict on behalf of the client, one of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in Santa Clara County’s history.
- An individual with a $60 million estate that included homes, automobiles, jets, business assets, and investment accounts. David successfully developed and implemented an estate and tax plan, resulting in a tax savings of over $25 million.
- A woman in defense of guardianship and conservatorship actions filed against her by her child and the trustee. David successfully obtained a favorable settlement agreement on the client’s behalf.
- An equestrian accident victim with a severe traumatic brain injury through trial and appeal of judgment.