Ronald R. Rossi’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, principally in the areas of business torts, contract disputes, finance, insurance coverage, real estate, software implementations and unfair competition. Ron is often called upon to represent foreign entities and individuals in cross border and United States disputes. Ron has also litigated a broad array of matters for major corporate clients in the apparel, aviation, chemical, defense, entertainment, finance, insurance, real estate, sports and transportation industries, among others. He routinely litigates cases before federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Ron clerked for the Honorable Virgil Pittman, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Alabama.
Prior to attending law school, Ron served as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy. Serving as a surface warfare officer aboard an amphibious assault ship, Ron was awarded the Navy Achievement Medal for exemplary performance during combat operations in the Persian Gulf in support of Operation Desert Storm.
- A leading international insurance company concerning a major coverage dispute under a political risk insurance policy.
- A leading international insurance company concerning a major coverage dispute under a directors, officers and company liability insurance policy.
- Sberbank, a leading Russian financial institution defending claims stemming from a borrower’s default on a $215 million dollar loan.
- A leading Russian mining company concerning its potential divestiture of a United States asset.
- Basic Element Company, a leading Russian industrial conglomerate pursuing securities fraud claims for insider trading and market manipulation against a major United States investment bank stemming from the liquidation of a more than $1 billion dollar stake in a Canadian auto parts manufacturer.
- UniCredit, a leading European bank defending class and individual actions in jurisdictions throughout the country in connection with tax shelter transactions.
- Levi Strauss & Co. in a litigation alleging fraud and other claims against Deloitte Consulting stemming from a software implementation involving SAP’s apparel and footwear software.
- Spirit Aerosystems, a publicly traded aerospace company concerning potential litigation arising out of a multi-million dollar design and build contract.
- SL Green Realty, a leading real estate company, against a gaming company in connection with a video lottery terminal franchise at New York’s Aqueduct racetrack.
- A leading defense contractor pursuing fraud and surety bond claims against AIG stemming from a $191 million dollar public works contract.