Lauren Tabaksblat’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation. Lauren represents publicly traded companies, private corporations, and high net worth individuals in high stake disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Lauren has been recognized on Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List.”
Real Estate Disputes and Environmental Actions
Lauren represents clients in real estate and environmental matters involving the development, construction, sale and management of billions of dollars in real estate assets and infrastructure projects.
- Board of Managers of 325 Fifth Avenue in an action against the developer of the luxury-condominium arising from the defective design and construction of the building and fraudulent efforts to conceal the existence of known defects.
- Beverly Hills Unified School District in its ongoing NEPA action against the Federal Transit Administration challenging the proposed route for the extension of the purple line subway in Los Angeles, CA, which is presently set to run under Beverly Hills High School.
Complex Business and Tax Disputes
Lauren has litigated and arbitrated complex commercial matters, including partnership and sensitive tax disputes on behalf of numerous clients.
- New York investment banker Denis Bovin.
- New York architect Robert Siegel of Gwathmey, Siegel & Associates Architects.
- The Related Companies in disputes with a Chinese joint venture partner.
Securities and Civil RICO
Lauren’s securities experience includes securities and fraud actions on behalf of defrauded investors and unprecedented civil RICO and other actions to stop short-selling and other attacks on public companies.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings
- AmTrust Financial Services
- Resolute Forest Products
Software Implementation Litigation
Lauren has represented companies seeking to obtain recovery from consulting firms and software providers in connection with mission-critical software projects plagued by delayed or disastrous go-lives, deficient project management, missing functionality, defective interfaces and other problems.
- A leading healthcare company in a dispute with a software developer over a failed implementation of insurance claims processing software.
- Avantor Performance Materials in an action against IBM stemming from the failed implementation of SAP software and an IBM software product.
Criminal and Regulatory Enforcement
Lauren has represented individuals and organizations in white collar criminal and regulatory inquiries by the U.S. Justice Department, securities regulators, and state prosecutors and regulators.
- New York State Assembly in the Moreland Commission investigation.
Fiduciary Duty Litigation
Lauren has defended complex fiduciary duty claims.
- Successful Third Circuit appeal dismissing breach of fiduciary duty verdicts against certain officers and directors of the historic Lemington Home, in Pittsburgh, PA.
Lauren has prosecuted and defended malpractice claims.
- Prosecuted claims against attorneys and defense of claims asserted against a New York City accounting firm.