Ronald R. Rossi’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, principally in the areas of business torts, contract disputes, finance, insurance coverage, real estate, software implementations and unfair competition. Ron is often called upon to represent foreign entities and individuals in cross border and United States disputes. Ron has also litigated a broad array of matters for major corporate clients in the apparel, aviation, chemical, defense, entertainment, finance, insurance, real estate, sports and transportation industries, among others. He routinely litigates cases before federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Ron clerked for the Honorable Virgil Pittman, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Alabama.
Prior to attending law school, Ron served as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy. Serving as a surface warfare officer aboard an amphibious assault ship, Ron was awarded the Navy Achievement Medal for exemplary performance during combat operations in the Persian Gulf in support of Operation Desert Storm.
- Copart in a four-week jury trial resulting in a $20 million verdict against Sparta Consulting and its parent, KPIT Infosystems, for fraud and professional negligence stemming from an implementation of SAP software.
- A leading international insurance company in successful resolution of an international arbitration proceeding governed by The Danish Institute of Arbitration rules of arbitration procedure concerning a nine-figure coverage dispute under a professional indemnity insurance policy.
- A leading international insurance company in coverage issues related to its insured’s defense of several significant securities class action litigations in the United States.
- An Israeli insurance company concerning its insured’s exposure to potential criminal liability under the United States tax laws.
- Several leading international insurance companies in an arbitration against other excess insurers concerning which policies may provide cover to multiple class action lawsuits.
- Sberbank, a leading Russian financial institution defending claims stemming from a borrower’s default on a $215 million dollar loan.
- A leading Russian mining company concerning its potential divestiture of a United States asset.
- Basic Element Company, a leading Russian industrial conglomerate, in pursuing securities fraud claims for insider trading and market manipulation against a major United States investment bank stemming from the liquidation of a more than $1 billion dollar stake in a Canadian auto parts manufacturer.
- UniCredit, a leading European bank, in defending class and individual actions in jurisdictions throughout the country in connection with tax shelter transactions.
- Levi Strauss & Co. in a litigation alleging fraud and other claims against Deloitte Consulting stemming from a software implementation involving SAP’s apparel and footwear software.
- Spirit Aerosystems, a publicly traded aerospace company concerning potential litigation arising out of a multi-million dollar design and build contract.
- SL Green Realty, a leading real estate company, against a gaming company in connection with a video lottery terminal franchise at New York’s Aqueduct racetrack.