Kathleen Maurer’s practice focuses on a variety of transactional real estate matters, including property acquisitions and sales, complex commercial financing and refinancing, office and retail leasing, land use and development matters, and the negotiation of joint venture agreements, non-disclosure agreements and related transactional documents. Kathleen has significant experience representing lenders in the origination of CMBS mortgage financings, as well as lenders and borrowers in the origination and modification of construction, bridge and permanent loans.
Kathleen is recognized by Best Lawyers.
Prior to joining Kasowitz, Kathleen worked as a land use planner and attorney where she represented clients in a wide range of land development matters, including comprehensive plan amendments, rezoning and platting applications, and historic preservation, code compliance and building permit issues.
- Starwood Property Trust in numerous sales and mortgage loan matters across the nation, including in North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, California and New Jersey.
- U. S. Realty Advisors in the acquisition and financing of a 48-acre industrial facility in Massillon, Ohio, from Geis Companies.
- GreenOak Real Estate in the negotiation and preparation of GreenOak's joint venture with East End Capital involving the purchase of an iconic Miami Beach building located at 555 Washington Avenue, and the closing of financing with Mesa West Capital for the acquisition in Miami, Florida.
- Turnbridge Equities in the acquisition and financing of a five-property industrial and office portfolio in New Jersey.
- Arbor Realty Trust in the origination of mortgage loans throughout the United States for the company’s bridge lending platform.
- Quinlan Development Group in providing a mezzanine loan as part of $100 million construction financing to a major New York developer for a 110,000-square foot, 41-unit residential tower in downtown Manhattan.
- LMF Commercial (formerly Rialto Mortgage Finance) in the origination of commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loans throughout the United States, including in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia and Maryland.
- Quinlan Development Group in a $152 million senior loan to finance the recapitalization and lease-up of the iconic Pioneer Building located at 41 Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn, New York, consisting of office and retail space.
- JDS Development in the closing of a $137 million construction loan (mortgage and mezzanine) for a residential project in Miami Beach, Florida.
- The Related Companies in multiple retail leases at Hudson Yards in Manhattan.
Prior to joining Kasowitz:
- Major hospitals, developers and corporate clients in site plan approvals and platting applications before local review boards in South Florida.
- National hotel and retail clients in obtaining design approvals and variances from the Miami Beach Historic Preservation Board, Design Review Board and Planning Board.
- Major hotels, banks and local businesses in obtaining local operating licenses, including certificates of use and business tax receipts.
- Homeowners, businesses and investors in resolving code enforcement liens and mitigation fines before local code enforcement boards and special masters in South Florida.