Kelly represents clients in high stakes litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Kelly’s vast trial experience includes trying over 20 cases. She has acted as lead trial counsel in disputes ranging from products liability to complex commercial matters. Her clients include tobacco, pharmaceutical, medical device and other companies. She is the managing partner of Kasowitz’s Miami office.
Kelly is recognized with an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. In addition, she is regularly selected as a top Florida attorney by Florida Trend Magazine, Florida Super Lawyers and the South Florida Legal Guide and was selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers, Products Liability Litigation.
Kelly is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, an invitation-only organization comprised of the world’s leading corporate and insurance lawyers and insurance executives. In addition, she has been an active member of the Products Liability Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation. Over the past 20 years, she has been Chair and Co-Chair of numerous subcommittees, including the Women in Products Liability Subcommittee.
Kelly regularly speaks on legal topics including serving as moderator for “Jury Selection: Practical Strategies for Recognizing and Avoiding Problem Jurors,” at the American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Products Liability Committee, Women in Products Liability Subcommittee’s Annual Regional Workshop; serving as co-chair for the ”Strategies for Success as a Female Litigator” webinar for the International Association of Defense Counsel; and serving as moderator for ”What Still Matters: In-House Counsel Reflect on the Impacts of a Down Economy,” at the American Bar Association Joint CLE (Section of Litigation Environmental, Mass Torts and Product Liability Committees) Seminar.
- Liggett Group and Brooke Group Holding as lead trial counsel in Broin, the flight attendant secondhand smoke class action.
- Liggett Group and Brooke Group Holding as lead trial counsel in Engle, a direct smoking class action.
- Liggett Group and Vector Group managing the thousands of individual cases filed in Florida following the decertification of the Engle class.
- Coach, the luxury goods company, in successfully prosecuting a trademark infringement action for the import and sale of counterfeit merchandise and successfully negotiating settlements against flea markets and other merchants for trademark violations.
- A Florida corporation in securing a favorable settlement in a professional malpractice case against a prominent Florida law firm.
- A national law firm in claims brought against it for professional malpractice.