Maria represents clients in high stakes litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Maria’s extensive trial experience includes trying over 15 cases in disputes ranging from complex commercial, medical malpractice, to products liability.
Maria has been recognized as a Top Latino Lawyer by Latino Leaders Magazine for her professional achievements and community involvement. She has also been recognized as a top lawyer by the South Florida Legal Guide and as a Prominent Lawyer by Revista Abogados. She is also recognized by Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers, and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Maria has been an active member of the DRI Trial Tactics Committee, and the Women in Products Liability Subcommittee of ABA Products Liability Committee and has been published nationally on topics ranging from medical malpractice arbitration to construction litigation.
Maria regularly speaks on various topics, including “Increased Fraud-Based Claims against Your Product Clients” at the ABA Section of Litigation Products Liability Committee's Women in Products Liability Regional CLE Workshop; “Jury Selection: How Today’s Challenges Shape Our Approach” at the ABA Section of Litigation Products Liability Committee, Women in Products Liability Regional CLE Workshop; and “Preparing for Plaintiff’s Deposition” at the Florida Defense Lawyers Association Regional Meeting.
- Liggett Group as lead trial counsel in numerous Engle progeny cases.
- Coach, the luxury goods company, in successfully obtaining a judgment in a trademark infringement action for the import and sale of counterfeit merchandise.
- A medical device company in successfully obtaining an injunction and favorable settlement in an intellectual property dispute.
- A business in securing a favorable settlement in a commercial lease dispute.
- A medical practice in successfully defending an action to pierce the corporate veil by obtaining a directed verdict at trial.
- A prominent Palm Beach County family in successfully obtaining a judgment after prevailing at arbitration in a real estate dispute.
- Multiple physicians in securing favorable settlements of medical malpractice claims.